Sunday, 13 March 2011

Rest of the Year

   Tomorrow is actually kind of a big day. I get to see the councilor or the advisor for the Faculty of Phys Ed and I get to find out more stuff about it and how I can get into it. So far, I've been told by the U of A website that I can do readmission to Physical Education and Recreation with my high school grades. If that's true, then great. That makes my life much easier. It will cost me few dollars but oh well, it will be worth it. Also, if I can do that, that means I don't have to take a course through spring, which I've been planning on doing (PHYS 124, although I heard it's a really hard course so I wasn't really looking forward to it). 

   For the past few weeks while I was working, few people has gotten injured during an intramural hockey game. Like a player gets hit by the puck on their head, and gets cut on their face by someone else's skates, and gets slashed on their arms, and etc. Every time it happens, I feel like I should help them out but I would not know what to do. My job is actually to call the first-aid person, but while the guy gets to the site, I felt like I had to do SOMETHING about it. And I could not do anything about it. So that really got me thinking, what if I get a certificate for first-aid or CPR? So that in the future, when something like this happen (not necessarily in hockey but injuries can happen anywhere), instead of freaking out about it or just stand there and watch them, I could actually help them out. And plus, it will probably look good on my resume haha. So when the school is over, I will take a class for it (it's a 2-day course for $110) and hopefully I get the certificates for them.

   I have been looking for a summer job, preferably a full time job since I have to pay for the tuition for next 3-4 years. I only have $3300 saved up so far, which isn't bad but it ain't good either. The last time I put my money into my savings account was like 3 months ago and I only put $300. Since then, I've been spending my money on a lot of random stuff. Especially on hockey jerseys. I already got 4 now haha. Anyways, so when this week's midterm is over, which will be on friday, I will have to go out and do some job hunting. I would really like to work at either a car dealership or a sporting goods store or even at Future Shop or  Best Buy, so we will see. I hope I get one soon, I'm running out of time.

   I would love to get my hockey referee 'license,' or whatever you call it, during the summer, but unfortunately, the clinics are only open for limited time, which is during October and November I believe. So I guess I'd have to wait till then to become a ref I guess. I'm really excited about this and I want to take this pretty serious. So for the rest of the winter, and this summer, I'm going to practice skating as much as possible. Also go for a little jogging sesh in summer to increase my endurance. 

   Lastly, I'm going to start working out this summer. I always have been in a bad shape, and I've been smoking quite a lot so I'm in a terrible shape. But then I quit smoking (it's almost been a month) so I guess I'm not as in a bad shape as before but still. So, whenever I'm free during summer, I'm going to work out as much as possible.

   So I guess this really tells me how serious I am about getting a career out of sports. I don't mean necessarily as an athlete but I guess if I'm going to working with athletes, I have to look like one, live like one, and behave like one. Well, I'm gonna go for a little shinny game right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment