I forgot to write one of these last night so I'll do it now along with today's story.
I had to work last night, because one of my co worker asked me to cover her shift. I don't have any exams till next Friday so why not? I really need the money haha. So the first 2 games were women's bonus games. On the first game, this one team didn't have a single player (literally nobody showed up) so just like last week, I got to play a little shinny game with the girls and refs again. I actually went to the outdoor rink for like 2 hours before I went to work, so I was really tired, and my heels always have been in a bad condition and at that time, it was worse. So I didn't play so well, and plus I was pretty embarrassed because I'm a guy and they were girls. You get the point lol. At one point I was really mad. I tend to get mad when I'm playing hockey and things don't go as I planned or expected. Like I get REALLY mad. Anyways, so I was between the right face-off circle and the goal line, and the D-man, or D-woman or whatever lol, passed the puck to me, and I one-timed it as hard as I could, and for a moment, I was pretty impressed at myself for producing such a nice shot, but then I ended up hitting the goalie in the face. And as you probably know, the goalie was a girl. That impressiveness feeling lasted not even a second. I felt like just a dick after. Well, at least the ref thought it was funny he was laughing his ass off when it happened haha. And everyone else just gave me a dirty look. Oops. My bad. So I had to apologize like 20354436766 times, and she actually seemed pretty cool about it and said it was fine. Well I wasn't. Even though I didn't actually injure her, but the fact that I could have hurt her pretty bad made me feel really bad, because I would never hurt a girl, I never have, and never will. I still feel like a dick and this feeling won't go away for a long time.
So just as I thought I was done talking about my future with my parents, my mom brings it up again today. FUUCCCK. I don't know about your parents, but mine are, lack of a better term, weird. Back in the days, they would always ask me what I want to be, and then they would say 'You gotta do what YOU want to do regardless of how much you make, because after all, if you hate your job later, it's not worth it.' Great speech. But guess what? It's exactly the opposite. They don't care about what I want to do, so they've been setting up my life for me, by forcing me to do what THEY want me to do. The more I think about it, I get that they want me to have a good career and I respect that, but they are pushing it too far. What's the point of doing something you don't want to do? If you don't like it, you are obviously not going to have a good output. It seems like they are forcing me to do things I don't want to do, because they were not able to achieve their dream. Well, I understand that, they were poor when they were kids, and they didn't have enough money to go to university. I understand that, but still, they can't force me to do things I don't want to do. I'm the one who's making my own future, not them. They can control everything else but that. I make my own destiny or future or whatever. And plus since I'll be paying for the tuition fees from now on, I think I have one more reason to choose what I want to do for myself. And they ask me why I HATE talking about school. Um seriously?? If they were in my shoes, they'd absolutely hate it too. I have decided what I want to do and that's final. It won't change and I won't let anybody change my mind, ever.
So, I decided I either want to be an athletic trainer for any NHL teams, or just work with NHL, not necessarily as a player or coach or whatnot, but like a GM or something I don't know there's probably plenty of things you could do, and lastly, I actually just thought of this recently, but I want to be a referee. Apparently they make a lot of money. The average salary for the refs in NHL is about $125000. WOW. I've been planning on going to ref clinic for this upcoming fall, so if I get lucky, it could work out really nicely. maybe one day I'll possibly become a first asian-born official in the NHL haha. You never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment