You know, the technology has gotten whole lot better than how it was about 10, even 5 years ago. Now days, there's nothing you can do on internet or even with your computer. I have never really used Skype before but I have actually been on it for hours this week. Okay so I know what I'm about to say is going to sound fucked up but it's a pretty decent story haha.
Okay, so about a month ago, I went on to this chatroulette website (it like set you up with a random person and you just socialize, become friends and etc.). Well I wasn't like desperate to have new friends but I thought it\d be pretty cool to meet new people from different town. I actually went onto 2 different website, by the same company I guess haha. One was a world wide kind of thing so you pretty much see everybody around the world. I didn't particularly enjoy that one because nobody, I mean no one, takes this 'system' serious. A lot of the time, you'd see like half naked guys trying to pick up some girls, or some guys would upload a video of a girl to make other people think they are real. I actually fell for it one time haha it was not fun haha. Anyways, so, the other website, it's actually a lot better than the one I just talked about because, well, there isn't a lot of people on it since it's only for Canada, and secondly, you actually get to pick if you wanna talk to a guy or a girl. And of course I had to pick a girl haha. So the first couple ones weren't so nice lol, they like looked at me and just kind of left. I was like, okay sweet, so I decided to cover my cam and talk to whoever is next then show her who I am. It actually went pretty well. I actually got to talk to her for a quite a long time (face to face on webcam of course lol). I really liked her she was pretty cool. Then the next day, I met her again and we talked more and kind of fooled around a bit (you know what I mean lol). Then we decided to meet again at the same time everyday. And guess what? We never did lol. So after about 3 weeks after, so last sunday, I 'accidentally' met here again and we actually ended up talking about random stuff for about 3 hours. It was great. I felt like there was some sort of connection between us. I don't know what it was, but I felt great. And then at the end of the night, we traded each other's Skype usernames, and this is where Skype comes into play haha. I actually just started to talk to her on Skype yesterday, and I was actually kind of nervous, because I don't ever use Skype so I was kind of afraid that something might go wrong, and secondly, even though we talked through chatroulette before, but we didn't actually 'talk,' meaning we actually used the 'chat' thing or whatever. You know what I mean. Anyways, so yeah, we actually ended up talking for hours. Honestly, I can't even remember what we talked about. I was actually pretty tired yesterday, because I have actually stayed at school from 9AM to 4PM, which was the longest I've been there all semester (no wonder I'm doing so bad this semester haha). Then ya, I remember, about 3-4 hours into the video call, we kind of ran out of things to talk about, well actually I did. I was so tired I couldn't think straight. So ya I don't know how the conversation lasted that long. But it was definitely fun, I really enjoyed it. I felt kind of bad at the end though because I was not able to talk a lot. I talked to her again today. I didn't think she wanted to talk again after last night. This time, I was at school studying (I didn't have any classes today) and she called. So ya I had fun, it was a nice little break from studying.
So ya back in the days, you couldn't even do things like this, especially since not everyone had a webcam. Nowdays, they are part of a standard features of laptops so pretty much everyone can go on Skype and do their things. So I think it's amazing how you can actually talk through internet to pretty much anybody you want. And honestly, I never thought I'd make a friend through internet. I'm not a stranger to computers and internet at all, in fact I'm very familiar with it, and yet, its ability still amazes me every time I use them.
No comments:
Post a Comment