I'm finally home after 3 long days at Banff with my family. I thought it was going to be a pretty solid trip but turned out, it wasn't at all. First of all, we barely did anything. We arrived late on friday night so we just ended up eating supper and went to bed which is understandable. On saturday, we left our room at around 9 ish and went to Lake Louise. We always go there whenever we are in Banff or Jasper. Anyways, we went there and skated for about an hour, then my sister got mad at me for no frigging reasons so we had to leave. Then we went back to Banff and walked around downtown and had lunch and that took about an hour. Then guess what? We went back to our room. I brought my laptop to Banff, not because I wanted to, but because they picked me up from school and we went straight to Banff and I just happened to have my laptop with me. Everyone was fighting over my laptop, especially my dad. He watches TV shows on internet these days. It's funny, because my sister used to watch shows on internet a lot, and he'd always get mad at her for that and now he's the one who's doing it. So ya, I was watching the Buffalo Sabres game and all the sudden he just takes it away from me. WTF. I don't know if he noticed, but my laptop is like my phone. It's my personal property with personal shits on it. He should know better. So I had my laptop practically taken away from me for the whole night. Even after the supper till the bed time. That was pretty much what we did that day. It kind of sucked. I expected some hiking and more of sightseeing but it didn't happen. Today was a little better though. Since we had to come back home we didn't really get to actually sit at our room and do nothing haha. Instead of going back to Calgary and take highway 2 home, we went around Jasper and took Yellowhead Trail home which was kind of nice. The view was outstanding. I actually slept half of the ride but still, from what I saw, it was unbelievable. This time, we actually stopped at the icefield in Jasper and walked around for a bit which was kind of nice. So ya, the trip was kind of pointless, but my mom told me that we just wanted to get out of town and that's why we went to Rocky Mountains in the first place. So overall, it was not bad at all. I'd rate it around 6 out of 10.
I never really liked hiking but when I actually get it going, I get really into it. We haven't really gone hiking that much lately. We used to go a lot back in the days, but I guess all of us are getting old haha. Since I kind of miss hiking and didn't get to hike that much, or at all on this trip, maybe I'll go to Banff again this summer, and this time with my friend(s). Hell, I'll go after the school is over. Probably in May. I'll find someone to go with since my parents won't be around. I always wanted to go on a road trip with friends and I think this is a great chance to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment