Thursday, 19 May 2011

Pushing the Limit

   So when I was at the interview for this job, when my boss asked me what my weakness was, I guess I forgot to mention that I never push myself over the limit, meaning I give up too easy. That's what I'm about to do now. I'm about to quit my job just like Cassi did. I understand that it's only been 3 weeks, but sometimes, there are certain things you can't take anymore. In this case, it's this job for me. I've tried my best to learn the material, and get loads of sales, but I just couldn't do it. I've already had lots of 0 days already. My manager always tells me that this is normal, and that I'm failing upward, but I guess I'm one of those people who likes to see myself making a really good progress in a short period of time. When it comes to work, I've done so well in the past. I've learned new skills and new knowledge really fast, and all my bosses loved me. Now, all I'm doing is letting the team and my managers down.

   I've been told that a lot of the reps who started a long before us had to go through the same thing as what I'm going through when they started. That did make me feel better a little bit. But think about this, what if I still don't make any sales by then? We are looking at about a month of failing, having 0 days, but what if, after this month, I'm still the same? I thought, since I've been doing really good at working, I thought I could do this, but I guess I'm not really meant to be a salesman. I've never thought that I'd be a salesman, and it was a huge mistake thinking that I could become a good salesman. I just wasted a month of my life. 

   If it wasn't for school and money, I'd stick around and see the end of this, but I got to think about what's on the line for me. I need $4000 to go to school next year, which will decide my future. I guess the money situation just f'd up my mind, and plus, the fact that I'm getting paid based on commission, that did not help either. I felt so pressured, and at the same time, I was also worried that I won't make any money. I understand that I'll be making over $1500 a week with just 3-4 sales a day, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Not everyone possess the same skill and everyone has different ways to sell. Different people have been telling me to do different things, so that really confused me too. Altogether, the result was just full of anger, frustration, and was very stressful.

   There are certain things you aren't meant to be, and for me, it's being a salesman. This week proved it. I got 2 on monday. I lucked out on that one, because this lady was just looking to switch to Telus, and I just happened to be showing up at the right time. After that, I had 2 straight 0 days. Technically, I got another 0 day today too. I got 4 today, but Matt did everything for me, so they weren't really mine. Plus, I didn't even get a callback on the second half of the day, so there you go, another 0 day. It might be better for both me and the company if I quit. I'm wasting my time, and theirs. I'm sure there's a lot of candidates who could be way better salesman than I am, and it's not fair that I'm working for them, and they are not.

   I'll make tomorrow my last day. I've been thinking about quitting today, but I would've felt bad, because, first of all, Cassi quit today, and second, Adam thinks I can do well, and be a great salesman. If I said I wanted to quit right then, I probably would've disappointed them. Tomorrow is going to be a short day, so I'll just be patient and get it over with, then I'll send an email to Adam on saturday or something.

   I'm really mad at myself for being a such a quitter. I've been like this all my life. When would this ever change??

No comments:

Post a Comment