Once again, I had to work all day today. Actually it was even longer than usual days. Remember how I told you we'd have that training session today? Yup, it started at 11am. So it was an hour and 15 minutes earlier than usual. Let's talk about the training session. Everybody thought they were useful, but I thought it was garbage. My manager, MacLain, taught me the same stuff yesterday, and his methods and theories were way better than Jason Gregg's method. WAY better. Anyways, that's not really what I wanted to talk about. During the session, I noticed how Jason and MacLain were going at each other. Jason is like our boss, and MacLain is just a manager. I've been told that Jason absolutely hates everything about MacLain and vice versa. I don't like Jason either. He's not very outgoing person, and I just find him awkward. I've only seen him twice, but he seemed really depressed. He must be really hating his job right now. I could read it on his face.
We didn't set our goals today, which was good, because if I didn't achieve that goal today, I would've been so disappointed. First half wasn't so good. I heard everyone in my group has gotten at least 2 sales. All I got was 2 callbacks, and a lot of no-homes. Well, nobody, I mean literally no one that works here, expect you to get any sales before 6, mainly because everyone is either at school or at work, hence there's a lot of no-home. If nobody is at home, how are you going to make sales, right? I started to get pretty jealous, and became pretty competitive. I tried so hard on the second half of the night. Guess what? I still got no sales, and ended up with 3 callbacks, so total of 5 callbacks and 0 sales for the night. Come on, seriously.
I always feel bad when I get 0 sales in a day. I understand that I just started this job, and I'm still learning, but still, I know Adam, our boss, and MacLain, and along with other reps has certain expectation from us. For example, I know they want at least 1 sale a day. I don't know I guess I'm just a type of person who likes to do things super fast and move onto the next step within seconds. I have always been like that, and I think that's what's happening right now.
Surprisingly, I wasn't frustrated at all today. I was fine when people said 'no' then shut the door on my face. It just didn't do anything to me. I was more motivated and just made me stronger I guess haha. By the end of the night, I still felt great. Emotionally and physically, of course, but not mentally haha. I honestly don't know what went wrong. I modified my openings which has been great, I got a lot of good receptions, and I followed every steps which MacLain has taught me. It was just a bad luck I guess??? Oh well, I'm not about to give up now to be honest with you. I did talk about how I'm going to quit if the results are bad, but no. It ain't going to happen anytime soon. After today, like I mentioned, I'm a lot more motivated, and I don't know. I'm not really sure what it is, I can't really describe it but I felt great. And I'm thinking this is going to stay with me all the way to the end.
So, what's my goal for tomorrow? I'm going for 6. I don't care if I have to use my break time or stay all night. I'm getting that 6 sales tomorrow. I can handle 3 customers. I love it when things turn into a competition. This job isn't supposed to be competition, but I just hate it when I see other people get more sales than I do. That's when competitiveness comes into play. I am going to get 6 sales tomorrow. No matter what. I know I can do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment