To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to today. Our actual plan was to be at the Telus Tower on Jasper Ave., and we were supposed to do like 4 hours of in-class training. It was delayed for about 20 minutes so we started at about quarter after 11. Then, we talked for a bit, but there was a technical difficulty. The guy tried to fix it for good hour and a half, but could not fix it. I was so glad, because I wasn't ready for 4 hours of training. So that was good, and then after we left the building, my boss, Adam took us out for lunch. We went to Earl's. I've actually never been there. There's one on campus, and I've been wanting to go there but I actually never had a chance to check it out. We got there, and I looked at the menu, and I was pretty surprised. A lot of the food were pretty expensive. I wanted a steak, but I ended up getting a linguini. It was really good. I loved it.
After that lunch, I just wanted to go home. I didn't even want to go to the bar or anything, all I thought about was going to bed. We ended up going to east side of the town again today. We went to the same place on last monday and tuesday, and I wasn't a big fan of it. It's kind of a sketchy area. So me and Mark covered 85th St.. After about 5-6 houses, I got an early sale. This guy, who looked like a stoner, wasn't too happy about the internet service he's getting right now. He said he can't even talk to his friend who lives across the street on his Xbox. When I told him that ours is better and cheaper, he said yes. I've been having problems with closing the deal, and a lot of the coworkers have been helping me a lot with it. I didn't think I learned anything from it, but I guess I did. Everything went really smooth, and I got my first sale within like 15 minutes. I was so pumped up. I mean, it was a pretty good start. But then I was so disappointed after. I covered 7 blocks, and almost 70% of them weren't home, and the rest were either mad at Telus and absolutely hates us, or they don't care about anything else but what they've got right now. Was I frustrated? Of course. I just wasted 90 minutes and got nothing. I just wanted to go home then.
My boss asked us to get at least 2 sales today. I got a really easy internet sale, and I just needed another one. After our break, we went to the same general area. I wanted to say we have to go to the different place but I'm not the one who makes that decision so I kept my mouth shut. Before we went out again, Mike actually gave us a lot of good tips, like how to open, and stuff like that. I actually really helped. I didn't actually use any of that when we were out, but I'm going to study them over this weekend and use it next week. So I was paired up with Cary on the second half. We were only out there for about 20 minutes. After hitting about 5-6 houses, I ended up with 2 callbacks. I didn't think it was bad, but I mean, I promised my boss that we'd get 2 sales today. I was a little disappointed about it. I had about 2 more houses to hit before we called it a day at that moment, and I actually got 2 sales on the last house I hit. It took me a while, but then again, I used that soft closing technique again. I couldn't believe that I actually pull that one off. So I got total of 3 sales today. I was more than happy about it. So was my managers.
No comments:
Post a Comment