Monday, 9 May 2011

6th Day At My New Job

   It's already been a week since I started my new job. So far, I'm alright with it, I mean there are some things I'm not too happy about the job, and I did think about quitting after a couple weeks, but I actually think I might stick around. At least until I get fired. Today was my 4th day out on the field alone. I guess since all the training days are over, I really don't have a choice. 3 out of those 4 days, I haven't been doing too bad at all. I got 4 sales total, and about 10 callbacks. Dawn has 18 sales already, but she has some experience and training so that's not really fair to us, but compare to any other new people, I thought I did pretty well. Today wasn't so good. It was either me, or we were just in a bad neighbourhood. I was still a little upset about what happened on the weekend, but I definitely felt better. I tried not to think about it, and I did for the first half of the day, then I just could not help it. I ended up with 0 sales, and 3 callbacks. I'm quite certain that at least 2 of those callbacks will turn into sales. I really hope they do. Other people in my team got lots of sales. Cary got 3, Matt got 3, Nizar got 4, and Cedric got 2. And I got 0. I guess I'd have to make up for it tomorrow and get 4. I know I can do it, but I guess my personal life and the negative emotions have been affecting me. I know I'm not supposed to get my personal life involved when it comes to work, but there are certain things you can't really control.

   So I kind of figured Jessica would say something about me, or at least a comment about the weekend, on her blog, so I thought I'd check it out. Turned out, it was all about me. When I first read it, I got even more upset. I honestly thought I was going to cry, but I was in the meeting for work so I didn't. I really thought I needed to talk to her about this, and I had a feeling that she had to talk to me about this as well. So I texted her and told her that it'd be nice if we talked about this, and we are going to meet up tomorrow and get things sorted out. Now that I think about it, actually I thought about this while I was working, I'm really glad that I read her blog. I think I said this same thing last night, but I much rather get rejected than wondering what it could've been like. There you go. Now I know how she feels about me, and I pretty much got rejected by her, indirectly, and I feel a lot better. If I hadn't read her blog, I would've probably wasted my time liking someone who doesn't like me back. She also said she still wanted to be friends with me, so that really touched me. I know it won't be easy and be pretty awkward for a while, but to be honest, I'm totally okay with that. She's right. Shayne is right. Everybody is right. It's not the end of the world. I just make it sound like it's the end of the world.

   Like I said before, I'll be talking to her about this tomorrow, and I'm actually kind of excited about it. I do hope that it goes well. I guess I could consider this as a new beginning of our friendship. It will take me a long long time for me to recover from this, but then again, it's not the end of the world. She's been a really good friend to me, and I hope I was a good friend to her as well, and if we were meant to just stay as friends, I think I can live with that. We won't be dating, but at least I won't be losing a friend, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment