Monday, 2 May 2011

Day 1 @ New Job

So I finally started my new job today. Normally I'd be super excited to work at new places but I was pretty nervous today, because Telus is a big company and if I do something bad, then you know what happens next. Bad reputation. I don't know, representing something big like Telus is kind of a big deal. There's a lot of pressure.

I've met everyone today and I got to say, they are some amazing people. I mean, everyone is so chill and they are all very easy to talk to. I actually thought I was going to like this job. Who you work with makes your job better or worse a lot of the time. So I thought since everyone is cool, I was going to like it, until we went on a field training. What we, the newbies, did was to shadow the veterans to see how they do this whole sale thing. I've done cold calling or door to door business thing before and back then, I didn't have to know a lot about painting, since it was for a painting company, but this one, I have to know a lot. People ask so many questions and I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it. So I guess I got some more studying to do.

The payroll is commission based. So if I sell nothing, then I'd get nothing. Honestly, I'm not too worry about that because everyone made pretty good money from this job and we were told that we have a lot of potential to make lots and lots of money so who knows, if I know what I'm doing, then I'll make $4000 just like that.

Tomorrow is going to be another training day. I'm going to have to really pay attention so I know what I'm doing. I have to realize what's on the line for me at the moment so hopefully I can pull it off before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment