Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Day 6

   Tuesday, April 5th, 2011, days without my parents: 6. So I had that interview this morning. I actually woke up, well at least tried to wake up at 8am this morning to kind of prepare for this interview but I ended up waking up at 9:10am. I really had to rush, and I was speeding to get to the interview. Fortunately, I did get there in time. It kind of surprised me a little, because I thought it was going to be like a one-on-one interview, but turned out, it was a 'job fair' plus interview. It was actually great. Later, I found out that I won't get paid hourly, but I'd get paid for how much I've done. We will be doing cold calling pretty much. I had some experience with cold calling before. It didn't really go so well, because, I didn't get paid much, and I was pretty much alone, and my boss kind of sucked (except she was really hot lol). So back then, I'd get about 1-5 leads (it was for this painting thing) and that's actually not too bad, because, the average number of sales they make in a day, so in like 7 hours, is usually around 3 ish and if you do that for a week, you'd get paid around $2000! So back then when I did cold calling, I got around 2 a day and that was in an hour and a half! Imagine doing that same thing for 7 hours and I'd have around 8! That's going to be a big money. honestly, I hated cold calling back then, because I wasn't really getting anything out of it, but this is Telus, it's way bigger. It's a well-known company, and so far what I've seen, the people are great, my boss is great, I think everything is going to be great. Oh by the way, did I tell you I got hired? haha I was really excited. 

   After about an hour of introduction, there was a 1 on 1 interview. I was the third last one to go. I didn't really want to go first, because I figured they probably won't hire you if you go first. If I go later, but not last, they are going to compare me with the people before me. I thought that was a pretty good strategy. Anyways, there was about 8-10 of us, and only 5, including the other 2 sessions that was held this afternoon, are hired. I was pretty nervous about the interview. Me and my boss both knew I was lol. I was fairly honest with him, I didn't want to cheat and get the job, I wanted get it fair and square. I told him that I used to cold call and I think that's what got me hired. I was really surprised because there was a lot of smart people with us and my boss said he liked me. I'm not really sure what he likes about me, but that's great. That's really great.

   I start my job on May 2nd. I'll get trained for the first couple days, and I'll start full time. I'm pretty excited, I have never worked with a big company like this so it's definitely something new. I'm feeling it might be a little tough, a lot harder than the old cold calling I used to do, but I've been doing good when it comes to work and I hope I can show them that I can do this real good with no problem whatsoever. We were told that if we showed them that we can do this, they will promote us as a manager so that's good. I kind of want to be a manager haha. Plus, there's a lot of prizes, like TV, laptop, iPads, and all that good stuff, and I want those so I'm going to try really hard. It should be a fun summer. I'm really excited.

   I can already see myself driving a Skyline, my dream car, and moving out, and having a great year next year. Let's really make it happen. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment