Saturday, 9 April 2011

Day 10

  Saturday, April 9th, 2011, day 10. Well, it's saturday today. Everyone is looking forward to the weekend. I know I was. After studying for the chem lab final, even though I didn't really study that much, I was looking to sleep in and do some laundry and clean up session. No. I had to be at work by noon because we are doing a clean up there. There were 4 of us last time and it only took about 2 hours. This time, there was only one. Me. Normally, I wouldn't really be happy about it, but today, I actually preferred to work by myself. I guess I'm still mad at my parents, and not happy with my sister (not really sure why though) and working really helped me at least not think about it. 

  At the hockey rink, we use baskets to hand out equipment. It contains pants, shoulder pads, gloves, shin pads and elbow pads. For some reason, a lot of gloves and elbow pads were missing. So that took a while to put things in the right basket after going through about 70 baskets. Actually it only took about 2 and a half hours. For doing that alone, I thought it was pretty impressive. Next, I had to organize all the helmets. Lot of them were missing screws and some of them had loose screws. I ended up sorting out about 70 helmets and fixed about 10 of them. Then there was a goalie equipment section. That one wasn't too hard. All I had to do was line up the pads against the walls, and put the gloves onto the right cubicle or whatever you want to call it. The last thing I had to do was counting the socks and hanging up the jerseys. I don't mind counting the socks but hanging up the jerseys was pretty painful. I had to hang the jerseys in numerical order and there were 3 colours with 40 jerseys each. So I had to hang 120 jerseys. Believe it or not, it definitely is painful. Afterward, I found out that we were missing 15 jerseys. And get this, number 4 from each colours were all missing. How weird is that? I wonder where they are. So anyways, overall, I really enjoyed my clean up shift even though I was alone. My boss came and went few times so I guess I wasn't completely alone. We talked a lot about hockey, and he gave me a drink (it wasn't a beer or anything, it was just can of coke but still, coming from my boss, it was pretty special I guess haha), and oh, he offered me a job for next year. If I want to work with the Campus Rec next year, they are looking for the Equipment Room/Timekeeper supervisor/trainer, and he told me that they are having a meeting with the facilitators and the coordinator to decide who to promote, and he said I was the first one on his list. How sick is that? I guess my 'hard work' really paid off. Although, I wouldn't have gone this far without any of them. Thanks.

   Habs are playing the Bruins in the playoffs now. That's classic. That's like the third time they are meeting on the first round in last 4 years or something. They can definitely win that round. Easily. But this is playoffs. Anything could happen. I am so excited for it though. Playoffs are the greatest thing ever. I think I love the fans more than the games itself. I don't know what it is, but I really love it. Well, I'm going to go watch the Flames and Canucks game now. It's not a playoff game but oh well, it's the only game on now.

  PS. I bought a Dustin Byfuglien jersey today. $40. I love Byfuglien and I love the Hawks so I had to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment