Monday, 4 April 2011

Day 5

   Monday, April 4th, 2011, days without my parents: 5. I didn't go to school at all today. I woke up at around noon and I just didn't feel like going to school at all. I just didn't see the point of going. I mean, I don't know what we are doing in MATH 120 (linear algebra) even when I do go to class, so I just kind of gave up on going since my prof can't teach. And plus, there is like an individual class for this course, so I could understand all this stuff just by using textbooks and notes. And CHEM 102? It's pretty much the same as Chem 30 from high school. I mean, we learn like 1 thing and it's that one thing all over again for the rest of the unit, so why bother going? Again, I can just use textbook, and notes to study for the final. So I guess when I said I started to maturing up, I was wrong. I think I might've spoke too soon haha. 

   Tomorrow is definitely going to be different though because it's a big day for me. I have an interview with Telus at 10am tomorrow. I've been waiting and preparing for this ever since I got the email on friday. I have prepared well, like what I'm going to wear, how I'm going to answer the questions (they are usually the same old questions they ask at the interview) so ya, I'd say I'm good to go unless I sleep in again. When the alarm goes off tomorrow morning, I just got to realize how important this is and get my ass out of my bed. Although, there's one thing that's been bugging me about this interview. I was supposed to send an email back for a confirmation with the interview time I chose (there were 10am, 12pm, and 2pm and  I chose 10am) but I haven't heard anything from them since. Maybe they only send emails back if those spots are full? I don't know. I even called them today, but the guy wasn't there. So really, I may not even get to have an interview. Well, I only have one way to find out. I would have to go, and if I really get to have an interview, that's awesome, and if not, well, it'd be really embarrassing and pretty much ruin my plan, but what am I going to do, right? It's not really up to me if I get the job or not. So I guess I'll find out what's up with this tomorrow.

   I worked again tonight. It was Division 1 and 2 finals tonight so, to the players, these were the games that really, truly mattered to them. I was pretty nervous to do timekeeping today, because last time, during the playoff games, people were getting mad at each other and the timekeeper, so there was a lot of pressure on me this time. I was so focused on the game, and watching every moves they make so I wouldn't get lost and not know what's going on. I think it went pretty well. I was trying really hard not to mess anything up and I almost didn't make any mistakes. Actually, it was a lot easier than I thought so that's good. There were a lot of penalties though, but I didn't get yelled at at all so I guess I did pretty good. Overall, it was a really fun night. The games were really good, made no mistakes, and etc. Tomorrow is going to be my last shift at the Clare Drake Arena. Honestly, I'm a little sad about it. Turned out, this hockey rink was like my sanctuary. This job and the rink kept me happy all year long. So, I think I will definitely work here again next year. No question about it. 

   Well, I'm going to bed. I have a big day coming up soon. Wish me luck everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment