Friday, 14 October 2011

New Family

   It's been approximately 4 days since I moved into Sam's apartment. I am getting used to living here since everyone has been so nice to me but I also feel really bad about staying here at the same time. I could have moved out by this weekend, but I guess some things just don't go the way you always want.

   I looked at this room near University of Alberta campus. It was literally 7-8 blocks away from there and about 5 blocks away from Jessica's house. It was perfect. Close to school, close to LRT station, and bus stations, close to Whyte ave, even though that's not really a good thing, but it would've entertained me a little bit. The house itself was a little dirty/not well maintained but the room was pretty roomy but unfortunately the person looked at it after me took the room because apparently he replied to the ad before me. That crushed me. I felt so good after looking at it, but not even half an hour later I get a news that the other guy took it. I was looking forward to leave this place (not because I don't like staying here, it's just that I feel like everyones' lives are now revolves around me now) and move into a new place and actually start a new life. Well, I got to keep look for it. I don't want to be staying here too long. I feel bad about it every day.

   You know how when something bad happens at one point, and like 20 other bad things happen after that? That happened to me yesterday. I went to work yesterday, and the first 2 games at the Campus Rec hockey games were women's game and I hate women's game because they take so many equipment out and a lot of them complain about the size and whatnot. Anyways, ended up working there alone for like couple hours because the person who was supposed to work with me never showed up. I would've gave someone a call but it's just been so busy I didn't even get to call anyone. On top of that, the referees didn't show up till like the last minute. It was pain in the ass. I was getting so mad I wanted to call someone and just start to bitch at them. But I didn't. I don't do that. It makes me look bad and I don't do things that makes me look bad. Anyways, someone did end covering for that person so it wasn't so bad. 

   So ya, yesterday was definitely not a good day. It was one day I've been looking forward to and hoping that my plans would work out, but it never did. It was exact opposite. But of course, Sam made me feel better. A lot better.

   Today wasn't so different either. I was way too tired to do anything today, and I think all this is finally hitting me. I started to feel it a little bit. It's really affecting my academic performance too. I used to know so much about anatomy but the midterm went bad and I couldn't remember anything during the lab exam today. It made me really upset.

   My dad wanted me to call him. I didn't want to at first because I was scared that he might yell at me for something, but I called him anyway because I really had nothing else to lose. Well, I got a good news out of that. First he asked me how I was doing and whatnot, then he asked me if I wanted to take the car with me and have it under my name. It was very nice of him, because I really needed my own vehicle and I felt terrible about Sam driving my ass everywhere all the time even though I'm paying for the gas. So I will be picking it up tonight. 

   I feel a lot better now because of that, and Sam's family has been really nice to me lately. They are doing their best to help me out, things like providing me with a place to sleep, they feed me and they are even helping me find a place to live. I know I've already said this billion times, but they are saving my life right now and I can't thank them enough. I really hope that I can find a place to live soon. Hopefully by next weekend at the latest. Please god help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment