Sunday, 23 October 2011

Good Luck

   Finally my life seems like it's going the right path. It all started with my paycheques this week. I got paid $400 by the Campus Rec, which is about $100 more than I expected, and I got paid about $250 by the AMJ Campbell Van Lines. I didn't get paid for my sunday's work, but I'd say it's still pretty decent, and plus it'll be on my next paycheque so all is good. So all together, my income for this week was about $650. It's not the greatest income, but I can definitely live with that. After I pay for my rent and damage deposit (yes, I will talk about that in a bit), I'll still have about $500 extra money to spend. Everything seems like it's going the right way now.

   I didn't really get a chance to look for a place to live this week, until about friday actually. I responded to about 5 of them and 4 of them actually replied back and they told me that the rooms they were renting out was still available. That's a good news, but the question is, how many people have already looked at it and was interested? The very first one I looked at was the same thing. Someone was interested but he/she replied to the ad first so that's why I didn't get that place. Anyways, I looked at one last night and it was pretty decent. It was on south side of Edmonton, it's a little far from school and work, but it really wasn't a problem since I have a car, and I probably won't get that place because they had about 3 other people look at the place and said they'll pick one that they like. Honestly, I don't think I left a good impression to them and I haven't heard from them yet so I kind of gave up on that one. I looked at 2 other ones today. One was on north side of Edmonton. It's not that bad. I thought the tenant was totally a guy, but turned out it was a 19 year old girl. The place looked nice and clean but she said she was kind of a stoner. That didn't really bother me at all, but it's probably a good idea to stay away from that kind of stuff. If she still wants me as a roommate, I'd do it. Why not? And the last one I looked at today was probably the best one. Well, best one of the week. It was on University Ave, which is about 2 blocks away from the U of A, and also 2 blocks away from Whyte Ave, where everything is. The roommate seemed pretty nice. She's a middle aged woman and she seemed a little strict about certain things but oh well, I think as long as I show some respect and follow the rules, there is going to be no problem at all. I decided to take that one. It will be $400 a month including everything. The room seemed a little small so when I move all my stuff in there, it will be a little crowded but oh well, I got a place to sleep now. I'm going to try to pick up the key tomorrow and hopefully I can have the truck from work sometime this week.

   When I told Sam about that, she was kind of joking about how she just got used to having me around. That made me smile. It's kind of funny, because I started to get used to living here with her and her family, but honestly, I can't live here forever. I wish I could though, but seeing that this apartment is fairly small for 4 people and whatnot, it's best for me to leave here as soon as possible. It's been a great 2-3 weeks though. I really got along with Sam's family, and I made new friends here in Stony Plain too, well kind of. Anyways, I'm going to miss living here. I definitely should stop by once a while.

   Well, that solved one problem, and I have another problem that needs to be solved right away. I've been wanting to have a little talk with Sam for the longest time, but I couldn't because I'm living with her right now and I didn't want her to get all upset and I didn't want things to get too awkward. Now that I found a place to live, maybe it's a good idea to talk to her. Although, I still think it's a bad idea, considering our friendship may or may not be on the line. She's like my best friend now and I really don't want to lose her as a friend just because I wanted to go a little further than that. BUT, if I don't do anything about it, I'll always be wondering what her reaction would've been. Hmm, this is a tough one. Wonder what it could've been like for forever? Or risk our friendship? Both sounds terrible to me. I don't know what I want. I guess only time will tell. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment