Sunday, 16 October 2011

Ahh Good Old AMJ Campbell Van Lines

   Unlike other weekends, this weekend has been very productive for me. Ever since the school started I've been working at AMJ Campbell on weekends and it's always been short jobs. We did a job at the Manulife Place and the Bell Tower yesterday and it was definitely one of the biggest jobs I've done so far at AMJ. I can feel what the job is going to be like and how long it will take to finish the job from the equipment we take from the shop. We took about 13 stacks of dollies (there are 7 dollies for each stack), and 6 computer carts and 2 screen carts and 3 chair bins. On top of that, we were supposed to have 9 truck loads. That is a lot. As much as I hate working there more than 8 hours a day, I was still pretty excited because that means my next paycheque will look very good. The job went pretty slow for the first half of the day because it was so unorganized and people were doing different things every half an hour. Anyways, we went through 5 truck loads by 3 pm, which isn't too bad. Then my supervisor, Larry, decided to shut it down at 5:30 pm and finish the job the next day, which was today.

   I honestly didn't mind that. Sure, I'll get a lot of OTs but I prefer to do a big job like that in 2 days. I showed up at the Bell Tower at 8:30 am and that did not last long at all. 2 guys who does Capital Power shifts showed up and asked for the truck but the problem was, one of them has never drove a 5 ton truck before, and the other one is a driver but doesn't know how to drive standard. So I volunteered to drive 206 to Epcor Centre. Now that was a gong show. The elevator broke down, people at Bell Tower needed a truck back but we needed it too, and the 2 supervisors were going at it withe each other. It was pretty bad. But I got a good 8 hours today there so I didn't really care. 

   I thought about it today, and it's been a really long time since I drove one of our work trucks. I think it's been about a month. I think I am definitely getting better at it though, but I still have troubles every once a while. For example, I stalled my truck 3 times at the same spot today. 3 frigging times. Can you believe that? I think I'm pretty good with everything else, I\m getting better at backing up the truck and whatnot, but going uphill in a standard truck is something I got to work on. I'm so scared that it might roll back and hit something or someone behind me. That's why I stalled it actually. Good times. It was embarrassing. 

   So I was texting Sam quite a lot while we were at work, and she talked about Travis at one point and I actually found out quite a lot about them two. Honestly, I'm not sure what I should say or do about that right now. It just seems way too complicated. I was just texting her now too and she told me that she's going to be with Travis tonight and I honestly don't know how I feel about that. I really don't. Yes, of course I am jealous. I've always been a type of person who gets jealous really easily but never show that to people, and I do have feelings for her so that doesn't help either. 

   Although, I have been thinking about this lately, and it kind of hurts me to say this, but I can't really see myself dating her right now. And even if we do end up dating each other, I know it won't happen for a long time, but IF we do, I can't really see myself being a good boyfriend to her. Especially after what she's done for me, it's even harder for me to ask her out. She's been a very good friend to me, and still is, and I can honestly say I'm more than happy with that. I really wish I knew what she's thinking right now. It'll make things a lot easier. Why can't life be nice and simple?

   I am so tired right now. I've been working since 8:30 this morning and I won't be in bed till about midnight. I'm happy that I'm finally getting some decent hours but it's really hard to readjust after 2 months after my last full time shift. I'm looking at this apartment tomorrow and I'm really hoping that I get it. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment