Sunday, 21 August 2011

Europe Day 21 - final day of the trip

It's been a hell of a day again today. Yup, yesterday was not a good day for us either. Like I mentioned on my previous post, we went to the Palace of Versailles. What went wrong? Everything. Starting with the train. We were aware of that that we could take the train there for free since we have the Eurail pass but the lady there told us that we had to purchase the tickets. We were ripped off about 26 euros. A definitely a bad start. Then it gets better. We were transferring our train at this one station, but we took the wrong train and ended up going back to where we started. We wasted over half an hour from that. And on top of that, we started off our day pretty late so we were running out of time. We finally got there at around 11:30am and then guess what happened. We were standing in the wrong line so we wasted another 30 minutes there then got to the line we were supposed to go to then stood there for about an hour then went back to the line we were at the first time and waited about 20 minutes.

Thankfully though, we did see everything. It sure was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to.

Today was a weird day. We went to the Notre Dame and then went to La Defense and that was about it. So this one kid from one of the metro station started to really piss me off. I was taking a picture before we got there and this same kid started to wave his hand in front of my camera. What the fuck. That pissed me off a little bit but it wasn't something I'd get mad about. Then when we actually met up at the station, we were actually buying tickets. This kid stood right behind us when we were buying and I guess he saw my dad typing in his pin for his credit card. After that, he started to yell out thr pin numbers over and over again. So I just went up to him and just lost it at him. I was about to punch him in the face but my mom and my dad grabbed both of my arms and dragged me down the hallway so it didn't happen.

I was a little worried at that time but when my dad called the bank and all that, I now know that it's not a big deal and it's safe. At least for now.

Everything else was going just fine until about an hour ago. Just as we were about to eat and shower, my dad told us that my grandma had just passed away. So now we are all sad and depressed. It's just going to be me and my sister going back home to Canada now. Mom and dad will be leaving for Korea tomorrow as well. What a way to end the most beautiful trip of my life. Rest in peace grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment