Sunday, 14 August 2011

Europe Day 14

   I'm not going to lie, Europe is definitely the most amazing place I've been to so far in my life, and I'm still having a lot of fun, but it's getting pretty repetitive now. We spent about 2 hours in Florence, then we decided to go check out Pisa. We were planning on going to Pisa tomorrow morning, but we decided to go today.

   Pisa was definitely one of the smaller town. It was a lot like Brugge in Belgium. It was a pretty neat town. We went there to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, of course, and we did. I got to say, I had a mixed feelings about that place. It was amazing that how angled it was, and I finally got saw one of the most famous place on earth, but I was also a little disappointed because the whole place, and the tower itself wasn't as big as I thought. Anyways, it was still pretty cool. It only took us about 3-4 hours to go there and come back to Florence.

    When we got back, we decided to go straight to this one palace in Florence. I can't really remember the name of the place, I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out. It was huge! Not only the palace was big, but the backyard, or the garden they call it, was even bigger! There were a lot of nice pathways, a fortress thing that looked like Halifax Citadel. It was absolutely gorgeous. Even though it was really nice there, we had few problems. We went there pretty late so we had to see everything in about a couple hours which was impossible, so we skipped few parts and we were just rushing. Secondly, we've been walking all day before we went there so we were extremely tired. We've actually have not been taking whole lot of public transits or cabs at all. It's always been subway or train, nothing else, if not, we'd walk. Thirdly, it was about 35C out so it was so hot out. I think it was way too hot out for us Albertans. I wish it was a little cooler and we would've went there earlier, but at least we went, so that's all it matters. It was worth all that.

   I just realized today, all the cities in Europe are fairly small. Everything is in walking distance and we pretty much checked out the whole town in Italy and Belgium without even taking any public transit. That's pretty neat actually, that way, we get to check out more towns in a shorter period of time.

   I got exactly one more week left till I go home. I sure am going to miss Europe, but I'm also really excited to go back home. I miss work, surprisingly, and I miss my friends, and most of all, I miss sleeping in my own bed and showering in my bathroom. Oh and I miss smoking! I'm going crazy right now. Oh well, just one more week to go! And plus, since my mom knows that I smoke, I don't have to hide it anymore and maybe smoke at home. Yay!

   Oh I found out this morning that Jessica didn't get in. I felt horrible because I knew how much this meant to her and now, she may or may not be going back to school next year, but apparently she can still register all her classes after tomorrow. I really hope that she gets into those classes at least, not only because I need a study buddy, but like I said before, I know how much this means to her. She's my best friend, and I want her to be happy and want all the best things to happen to her. Well, fingers crossed.

   I just finished like a liter of some Italian beer called Dreher. It's pretty decent. Definitely not as good as French or Belgian beers though. Anyways, I'm going to bed now. I'm pretty beat from today and I got 7 more days like this coming up. Oh, it's my birthday tomorrow! Yay! And we will be going to one of the most beautiful place in Europe: Rome. I am so excited! This is going to be the best birthday ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment