Today was the 12th day in Europe. I know, the title said day 13, but it's actually 12. The first day was actually the day I left my house, and we actually arrived in Paris the day after, which was the 2nd of August. Anyways, today was awesome. We spent few hours in downtown of Venice. We went back to the same place as yesterday, it was called S. Marco, but we didn't get to go up the tower or inside the church and whatnot, but today, we went up the tower. It was amazing. It was actually high enough to see the whole town. The view was absolutely stunning. The shore looked really really good. Plus the weather was really nice today so the sky was all clear and everything. It was awesome.
We took the 3:39pm train going to Florence and we arrived here at about 6. We were just going to relax at our hotel, but we were told that there's this one place in Florence that has an outstanding view at night so we had supper and decided to go check it out. We actually never toured around the town at night so far in this trip. Well, we did see the Eiffel tower all lit up at night, but that was about it. Anyways, we had to walk about half an hour to 40 minutes to get to that hill, or Michelangelo square or something, but when we got there, and even on the way there, it was absolutely gorgeous. There were street performers everywhere, which was pretty fun and entertaining, and the view was fantastic. I took quite a lot of pictures but you can't really tell what it is, it looks like just bunch of lights in dark haha. But still, it was beautiful.
We were also told that there's a lot of theft and pickpockets here in Florence but turned out, it's just about the same as Venice. It wasn't bad at all. I don't know about during the day, but tonight wasn't so bad. I didn't have to worry about getting my stuff stolen at all. In fact, I didn't even think about it, because I was so into the view I just totally forgot about it. I hope tomorrow is just about the same. Everybody was right. Florence IS beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment