Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Europe Day 2

   After a couple hours of flight delay and about 8-10 hours of flight, I finally got to my destination: Paris. We arrived here at about noon and we actually took a look around the city till pretty much just about now. I have to say, it sure is a gorgeous city. Everything here just amazed me! It was definitely worth all the time and money we invested to come here. I'd say Effel Tower was the best part. I know it's everyone's favourite, but I don't care. Until you see this beauty before your own eyes, you won't know what it feels like. I don't know. When I came around the corner, and saw the Effel tower, I literally could not stop smiling or even close my mouth. It was that amazing. We also went to La Defense. We didn't really plan on going but my dad was working there so we decided to stop by at his hotel room then just look around there. That place was really unique. I'd talk about all this in more detail but I'm way too tired to think right now.

   Oh, before I go, a couple things really frustrated me today. First, the transportation. It wasn't bad, but it was just annoying. I guess I'm way too used to driving around from place to place that I forgot what it's like to actually travel by any sort of public transportation. Secondly, the accommodation. My parents are staying at this hotel in La Defense, and they found us a different place to stay. Turned out, this place was owned by a Korean. Honestly, I don't like staying at places where there's a lot of Koreans or owned by Koreans. I'm not being racist or anything because I'm one of them, but I remember, when we went to Vancouver, we stayed at this place which was ran by a Korean family. When we got there, it turned out, they gave away our room for some other group reservation shit. Well, guess what? It happened again. Apparently, this place we booked only wants girls but still takes guys too. The owner didn't want the guys to stay there because she had more girls coming in, so we were kicked out from our room and was sent to some different hotel that's like 10 minutes away from the original place. What the hell. Never trust Koreans when it comes to accommodation. Even I don't.

   I'm not sure where we are off to tomorrow, but I know that we will be staying in Paris for sure. I hope it's another good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment