Friday, 1 July 2011

Canada Day

   It's July 1st 2011, Canada's 144th birthday. Awesome lol. Everybody is probably getting hammered today but not I. I am scheduled to work tomorrow at 7:30 am so there will be no drinking for me. Instead, I will be going to the Edmonton Capitals baseball game in a few hours. I've never been to a baseball game before so this should be very interesting haha. I was supposed to go see the fireworks with Jessica today but this will be better and plus there will be fireworks after the game so ya haha.

   I am unbelievably tired right now though. I worked 13.5 hours last night. First 4.5 hours of yesterday's shift wasn't bad. We just unpacked all the boxes that was already moved. When we got back to the shop, I was hoping that there wasn't another job. Dispatch people called me and said I have another job at 1. I probably mentioned on my last post, but there was only me and the driver so I thought it was going to be an easy job. Nope. We unloaded 8000+ lb of load. Surprisingly though, it only took us 9 hours. For two people unloading that kind of weight and load, it's pretty decent. So ya there you go, I had two 10+ hr shift in a row. I'm already at 38 hours for the week. And with just 2 more hours on saturday, I'll have 40+ hours for the week. Finally I'm getting decent hours, which means my paycheque will look really good.

   Finally work has been consistent and stable and I hope it stays like that till the end. It seems like I can finally pay for school next year.That's if I get my final admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment