This week has been pretty good. I finally started working again, but I was still missing a couple days this week. However, I got pretty decent hours out of those 4 days of working. I got 6.5 on monday, 4 on thursday, 14 on friday, which I hope I get paid for this, and 5.5 last night. So I got total of 30 in 4 days. Not bad.
So on friday, I've done something I've never done before so far. 2 things actually. 1) I've only been doing commercial moving, but for some reason, I'm now doing household moving as well. 2) I worked at another company called Matco as a temporary worker for the day. We used to get temp workers at our moving sites too but I never had to go to somewhere else. Anyways, friday was a tough day. I was told that it was only going to be 4000lb of load but it turned out it was more like 7000lb. And the worst part? There was only 2 of us. Me and this 41 year old guy. Now you see why the number of hours was so big on friday. We ended up not finishing the job. Like I mentioned up there, I don't know if I'll get paid for that because Matco never filled in my timesheet and I was told to report it to my manager, and he happened to be quiting that day so I can't do anything about it until tomorrow. I'll be really upset if I didn't get paid for that. I worked my ass off and was so tired after. We will see what will happen.
I did household moving again last night and it wasn't as bad as friday. It was legitly 4000lb and this time, there was 3 of us so it was a lot better. Plus, a lot of the stuff were boxed. The 2 guys that were with me were tagging the items and packing them and I loaded all the stuff onto the truck. So I probably loaded about 2500lb of the load all by myself. Anyways, loading took us about 4 hours and guess how much it took us to unload them. About 20 minutes. Can you believe that?! We were just supposed to bring those stuff to one of the self storage slot and that was a lot easier. It literally took only 20 minutes. It was pretty impressive.
No comments:
Post a Comment