Friday, 4 November 2011

Dropping Out Of the Race

   Not surprisingly, I have done very poorly on my latest 2 midterms. The 2 courses I'm taking right now should've been a GPA booster but it seems like that won't be the case anymore. I have thought about this for a while now and I think it's time to drop out of university and take a year or two off. 

   What happened? I was so motivated and pumped up for this year during the summer but it seems like all the unfortunate events has happened to me at the wrong time. First of all, having my grandma passing away a week before school started and at the end of our Europe trip definitely did not help. I have never had anyone passing away in my life before so it was my first time experiencing a death in our family. It was very overwhelming. Unpleasant as well. So that's how I started my school this year. Not a very good start. Then everything just started going downhill after that. The conflict with me and my mom has gotten worse and we both got tired of each other so I got kicked out/moved out of my house. It also happened at they wrong time of the semester because that when all the midterms were going on. Without my own place and my own transportation, it was very difficult for me to study. In the end, here I am with 2 classes this semester, failing both of them. 

   It sounds like a one huge excuse for not doing well in school, but it really isn't. If you were in my shoes, you'd totally understand. Especially now that I don't even have enough money for next semester, I think my best option is to take the rest of the year off, at least, then think carefully what I want to do in next september. If I continue on and still do bad, there will be no post secondary education for me. I ain't working at AMJ forever. I should be able to do better than that.

   I finally get a day off from working tonight. Yes, I have been working every day since sunday. Well, sunday and tuesday were training days but I got paid for that so technically I did work. Well, at least I have decent jobs that will keep me alive, right? I think I'm going to spend the night with some movies that Sam lent me earlier this week. Or, I asked Jessica if she wanted to hang out tonight after her work so we will see what she says about that.

    My life seems like it's going nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment