I totally forgot that I even had a blog for a while. I was going to post one after I came back from Lloydminster for work, I'll talk about that later, but then I never got to finish it up so I never ended up posting it. There's been a lot of ups and downs since my last post, as usual, but lately, there's been a lot of 'downs.' Mostly, there's been a lot of drama going on in my life, not really surprised by that, then I had few problems at work, especially at Lloydminster.
On my last post, I talked about how I couldn't be friends with Sam anymore, and that really didn't last long at all. Earlier this month, I started to really miss hanging out with her, even talking to her so I phoned her and I was actually pretty surprised that she even answered my phone call. I thought she'd still be mad at me, but she wasn't. Anyways, things are going pretty good between me and her. Well, I am still not too happy about her being in a relationship obviously, but being jealous won't get me anywhere. Plus, she's happy and as long as she stays that way, then I'm happy.
I went on a couple road trips for work recently; one was to Fort MacMurray, and the other one was to Lloydminster. Fort Mac was awesome. The job was great, and we had some fun. Driving back wasn't so fun but I definitely enjoyed it. Lloydminster was a totally different story though. I wasn't in the greatest mood during the trip, I won't say why because it might create more drama and I had enough of that already. I was really upset so I ended up getting hammered that night. I actually had to work the next day but I really didn't care. That's how mad I was. Oh and I was still drunk in the morning. That's how much I drank that night. Not good. The second day's job didn't last that long. We expected it to last till about 7pm at least, but we were done at about 1pm.
Now this is the best part of the trip. When you go on a highway, you see those commercial vehicle scales and there was one between here and Lloydminster. I honestly thought those scales only applied to tractor trailers, not 5 ton trucks. So I blew by the scale and next thing you know, I see the blue and red lights flashing behind me. Yes, I got pulled over in a company vehicle, not wearing my seatbelt, and I was even talking to my supervisor on the phone. Long story short, I had to go back to the scale and had to get my truck inspected which took about an hour and only got away with a seatbelt ticket. I should've got 3 tickets; fail to report to the scale, seatbelt and talking on the phone while driving. The next day I worked, everyone already knew what happened and they all told me I got really lucky, and I agree. I would've easily lost my license but I got away with 0 demerits. I still felt really bad though. It wasn't my vehicle, it was a company vehicle. Anyways, it could've been a lot worse and I definitely dodged a bullet that time.
I was already in a bad mood that day and getting pulled over didn't help either and so did my truck. About 30 minutes after we left the scale, I looked at my oil pressure gauge and usually when you are on a highway, your oil pressure should be at about 40-60 psi, but mine was down to 25 psi. That obviously meant something. I pulled over at the first gas station I saw and shut my truck off and checked my oil and just as I guessed, the dipstick was bone dry. Well that's just great. I was 2 hours away from home and I wasn't even sure if my truck was going to make it there. After about an hour and a half, we put some oil in it and got back on the road. I kept my eyes on the oil pressure gauge and not surprisingly it was still going down like crazy. We did make it to Edmonton, but when we arrived at our shop, the oil pressure at idle, which is supposed to be like 25 psi, it was down to about 10 psi. I was very upset that everything that could go wrong went wrong but I was also glad that I brought the truck back with no serious damage. It could've been a lot worse. That, by far, I'd say was the worse day I've ever had at AMJ Campbell.
No comments:
Post a Comment